Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Have I told you about Art Camp....


Most every Summer I will set aside a week to have a private art camp for kids age 5-8. I had an adorable group of excited and talented little artists. I have done various projects over the years during this camp and as a full time art teacher in a public school, I have covered lots of famous artists and share their work with my students. I wanted to do something a little different this time around and I decided to focus on a local and currently working artist. I am a big fan of Allison Strine. She is a collage artist in the Atlanta area. I first stumbled upon her work on Etsy but I have continued to follow her work and blog. Here are just few samples of some of her work but there is certainly more to see...check her out!



The students made family portraits and used animal photographs from a great coffe table book that I found in the bargain bin at Borders. They chose animals that characterized each of their family members and collaged their bodies using magazines, scrapbook papers, and fabric. They gave their canvases that great texture with acrylic paints and tissue.











1 comment:

I Purr-Furr to Craft said...

So beautiful, Love the work that they all have done